Did you know these six sweet facts about modern-day birthday cakes.
1. The first slice of your birthday cake in Mexico must be given to the person you love the most.
2. Koreans have a different version of birthday cake called tteok, it is a steamed rice cake with various stuffing and is usually served with Korean seaweed soup.
3. Traditional Danish birthday cakes are in the shape of the person having the birthday and are called “Kagemand” for a cake man and “Kagekone” for a cake woman.
4. Mawa cake is a traditional birthday cake in India made out of milk and nuts and is considered to make the birthday celebrant extra special because it takes a long time and effort to make.
5. A Revani is a gooey birthday cake famous in Greece and Turkey, which is made of lemon and semolina with a thin layer of orange syrup on top that gives it a sweet flavour.
6. The iconic Jewish birthday cake is known as ugat yomledet, a chocolatey, moist sponge cake with lots of frosting or whipped cream on top, and it must be eaten with milk or dunked in it like an Oreo.
Celebrating a birthday may vary from country to country; however, there comes a similarity – cakes on birthdays.
Julia Child once said, “A party without a cake is just a meeting.”
Cakes, indeed, make an occasion extra special for everyone!”
Words above, and more, can be seen from article here
There are so many wonderful recipes for celebration/birthday cakes. If you are diabetic, or perhaps looking to reduce your sugar intake, then a lower carb cake like this one below may be more suitable for you.
Chocolate Birthday Cake
You will find a variety of articles and recipe ideas within this blog, and it is important to note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e., use a reliable meter. If you have any concerns about your health, it is always advisable to consult your doctor or health care team.
All the best Jan